'92 164L Springs

Had my "new" '92 164L up on the rack for the first time today since driving
it home this past Saturday. Once we looked we discovered the source of the
"burning rubber" smell I noticed on the 140 mile trip to Harrisburg, PA. Several
stops along the highway peering under the hood hadn't yielded a clue. Seems as
though most of the left front spring disintegrated and what was left was
rubbing a deep gash into the once "not bad" front tire. Someone was smiling no
blowout...anyhow, some advice would be appreciated. Springs are a must, should I
stay stock or go for one of the lowering kits? A quick look at Centerline and
Internationals web sites didn't yield any spring info. Suggestions on where to
shop?

Appreciate the help!

Bob Bruetsch
Harrisburg, PA