Floor pedal closing panels

I just know this subject is going to become the latest and most
controversial subject ever...

Or not.

You 105 floor pedal people, do you suffer from rusted out bottoms on
your pedal closing panel? (Parts book calls it a 'Filler'. It's the
sheet metal part which covers the triangular 'Shield'  and is slotted
for the clutch and brake pedals).

I'm making patterns for 'someone' who might or might not be re-making
them.

I say patterns in that I have a complete pedal assembly for a Duetto
including a pristine closing panel. However, I have two '69 Spiders with
equally bad closing panels which are different from the 'older style'.
The difference stems from the older style straight pedals. Both '69
Spider pedals bend to the left - the brake pedal having a fairly
dramatic dogleg. Thus the reason for a different closing panel.

Anyone know why this was done?

While not quite the end of the world, the factory parts manual lies. I
have both the 1750 US and the 'all other' parts books. The US parts book
shows the straight pedals (clutch - 105.48.44.036.01; brake -
105.48.44.010.00) which are the same as in the 'all others' book. The
parts book goes on to say these pedals, etc. are for Spider Veloce up to
car 1485000. Both cars in the shop are well below that number. The parts
book does show other, later type, pedal assemblies, none of which match
the 'to the left' pedals of these cars. Yes, both obviously came from
the factory this way and while the bottoms of both are virtually
nonexistent, the closing panels match one another.

I'm purely surmising fussy 'merican owners of Duettos complained about
their legs offset to the right, so someone (Don Black?) suggested they
do the jog on the pedals and, in turn, revise the closing panels.

Anyone have a spare or two of the closing panel which isn't in the parts
manual?

Should they be remanufactured, many interested in either part no.
105.0051.147.01? or in 'the other one?

A real nail biter, eh?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA