Re: KIT CARS - WAS AUTODELTA

I kind of know about the kit car thing due to my off road truck fetish.  Here in CA there is a law about registering the kit cars.  It was specifically designed for this purpose.  A car is registered as a kit car, which is 80% custom or more (this is where my truck is right now) and is smogged either by body year or the year of the engine block used (vehicle owner's choice).  If there is no engine block year (meaning they used a ford SVO block = no #, or the # was ground off, etc.) it defaults to a 1960 year.  This is what us desert race guys love!  Because 1960 was before the 1973 smog dealine, we can put a new, 600 hp 351 in a ford ranger body and not have to deal with smog!

Steve Hartman
Balboa Island, CA
71 Euro GTV - for sale
72 GTV - Resto Project
89 Ford Ranger - Race truck project
89 Honda civic SI - beat up daily driver