intake choices for weberized 74 Spider

I had recently converted my Spica Spider (1974) to Webers. Despite the
fact that my Spica was "Ingramized" (look for it on e-bay soon), I got
tons of additional power. I did the conversion with the Pierce Manifold
kit (same as the IAP one, I think). The kit came with velocity stacks
and oval filters. There is no room (due to intruding firewall) to mount
both, and mounting just the stacks would be too risky (need some
filtering). The sound is terriffic at speed, but a little tractor-like
in the lower ranges with the oval filters provided. I need filters that
would allow me to keep the stacks. (practically, it will probably not
make that much difference, but hey...)
Are there other filter housing options that are "low profile" ? What
would work on a street car (hi co pistons, 11.1 mm cams, 2X 40 DCOEs)?

PS. Please, do not post telling me to put Spica back in, I own the
Spica notes, heard all the arguments, etc...

thx, luke, Belmont, CA

74 Spider (breathing easier)