Spider power brake vacuum leak

        Seems like I saw a posting about this recently, but as it did not
concern me at the time...
    Anyway, I am loosing the power boost on the brakes on my 87 Spider. I can
hear the vacuum leaking while driving; it is a high pitched whine that stops
when I press the brake pedal. When I do press the brake pedal it sort of
whooshes and I loose boost over a period of several seconds. Also the idle rises
when I press the brake pedal (I assume this is from the extra air getting into
the intake plenum).
     If I had to guess I would say that a seal is leaking but I do not know
where or which one. So, my question is, is this something I can fix easily and
how much will it cost? If anyone has faced this before (as I am sure someone
has) please let me know.
Thanks
Mike Morgan
Atlanta Georgia