where to buy spider cool thermostats

       Tom Zat <A HREF="http://www.alfaheaven.com/";>http://www.alfaheaven.com/</A> sells low temperature thermostats
for the Alfa V-6.
       However, a low temperature thermostat may mess up your Alfa.  The
computer will think the car is still on warm up cycle.  The resulting fuel mixture
will be way too rich.  That will cause emission problems, could foul the
spark plugs and will wreck the gas mileage.
       My 84 spider race car runs at 212 degrees all the time on the race
track.  I run the heater full blast to compensate.  These high temperatures have
not hurt the engine in any way I can determine.  I just pulled the engine
apart and everything seemed to be OK.
       The point is, if your spider runs only "climbs up a bit on the really
hot days," do not worry about it.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City