Re: US import laws

George Graves wrote:
(Subject: Re: Autodelta, and the laws )

"This is why companies like Fiat,  Lancia, Alfa, Peugeot (how about a
Peugeot 206 RS WRX?), Citroen, SEAT, Skoda
MG, TVR, Morgan, most Lotus models, and Vauxhall and Opel's mid-engined
sports car aren't sold here."

Aren't Morgan sold in the USA?? I thought they are. The new one uses a BMW
5-series engine, and I *swear* that the 'high level' (for Morgans, that is!)
brake light was fitted to comply with US regs.

Lancia don't sell cars in the UK, since they feel the volume would be too
low. But frankly, their big exec-saloon is one ugly car.

Do Renault sell their cars in the US with the sticky-out butt?? They're
ugly, too.

I didn't notice whether any UK Alfisti commented already, but the BBC series
TOP GEAR last week featured a 147. I recall the general feeling was "bonkers
but good choice", - they trotted out the reliability fears - but reckoned
it's a good buy; a case of heart ruling the head.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend; at least it's stopped raining in NY.

Simon
Alfa 164QV
Morgan +8