spider water pump gasket sealant recommendations?

My beloved Spider has been sitting in the garage long enough- going on
over a year now.  I may need some help from Digesters regarding what bolt
goes where etc.  I have the following parts ready to go in:  new water
pump, rebuilt head from Sperry, reconditioned injectors, new ac
compressor and 134a compatible hoses, new fuel lines and more.My chore
for the weekend is to replace the water pump.  Once the surfaces are
clean, do I need gasket cement or sealer to guarantee no leaks?  If so,
what kind.  I couldn't find info on archives search or in my manuals.
With that done, I will be on a role.  Wish me luck. --- Paul Steffy'88
Alfa Spider--- pauls1969@domain.elided--- EarthLink: The #1 provider of
the Real Internet.