Contact Cleaner

My experience is that the best contact cleaner is jeweler's file(s). You can get small round, flat and triangular files at hardware stores and Sears. They are cheap and the get down to the bare metal without dissolving plastic, rubber, wax or paint. I clean the contacts gently with the file(s), apply some di-electric grease if it's a connector, sensor safe RTV or possibly Vaseline if it's a connection to a bolt or stud, and have had great results. Learned this from a friend that restored British cars with all their Lucas electrics....

Scott Shure
85-1/2 GTV-6
Scuderia Saab

Subject: contact cleaner

with all these recommendations for Deoxit, keep in mind that
this stuff is really best as a corrosion inhibitor.