Shankle Weber conversion behavior

Yeah, me too. Idle sucks. I now have the complete Euro system, no
difference.

In spite of the knowledgeable engineers who say a good mechanical type
distributor is every bit as good as an electronic one - bull. Without
any other changes and after switching to MarelliPlex it helped the idle
considerably. Before: Idle wandered from 2,200 rpm to zero, now it
merely wanders from 1,300 (after being warmed up) to 300 rpm.

Also, don't care if it is 170 F or below zero out, one must choke the
dears to get them to start. However, one must also push in the choke
cable quickly or will begin flooding.

Most of the cars I restore have Spica. However, the two Webered cars - a
'66 Duetto race car with 45's and a '60 Spider Veloce with DCOE3's idled
slightly quickly, but incredibly smoothly without any magical procedures
or tools to sync and adjust.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA