Re: seat belts

i have a 71 spider, same concern from betterhalf. found a 70-ish vw beetle
in wreckers that had the KLIPPAN OEM 3-point which simply clips onto the
tranny tunnel loop. They bolted right in to exitisting 3 point mounts and
replaced the OEM lap belt. Same one hand operation. They workwith the 71
seats, although get slightly tighter when roof down.

> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Terry O'Brien <t_b_obrien@domain.elided>
> Subject: Seat belts
>
> Amazingly I didn't find anything in the archives about this, but here
goes.  My wife keeps asking me if I can install 3-point seat belts in my '74
Spider.  I told her that I'd probably have to change the seats, like the
ones on my previous '86.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Can I
keep my old seats and install 3-pointers?

> If it makes her happier about the car and makes it safer to drive, I guess
it's a project I could move up the list.