Wheel Offset: BWA Sportstars

In a message dated 7/9/2003 7:20:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:11:12 -0700
> From: Damian Magista <magista@domain.elided>
> Subject: Wheel Offset: BWA Sportstars
>
> I recently scored a nice set of BWA Sportstars for my Berlina. My question
> is this:
>
> As they were used, I believe, on an Alfetta Sprint, is the offset the same?
> Meaning will they working without hub spacers or anything like that on my
> Berlina? I would rather not have them milled.
>
> I am assuming he used them on his Alfetta...he could have used them for his
> Spider though. He's out of town so I can't ask him right now. I know that in
> the catalog it lists Sportstars specifically for the Alfetta and for other 4
> cyl Alfas.

       Alfetta wheels are a 4 x 98 mm bolt pattern and will not fit your
Berlina with the 4 x 108 mm bolt pattern.  Hope the wheels were on your friend's
spider.
       Test fit for offset.  Hard to tell by email it they will work or not,
especially since you did not measure and report the offset.  My experience
with BWA wheels is they have quite a bit different offset than stock wheels.
That is, the tires fit closer to the fenders.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City