RE: alfa-digest V9 #611

Well the speedo has been working again for the last 4 days so I figured
that made it more than a fluke and I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying
this!

I decided to have one last go at the contacts under the hood connecting
the sending unit to the cable that eventually ends up under the dash.  I
used a small screwdriver to push down the tab on each of the six
terminals in the two mated connectors, slid each one out of the
connector, and brushed the cr*p out of it with a brass wire brush.  I
guess the contact cleaner just didn't cut it.  If it happens again I may
just cut off the connector and crimp on some new connectors...

Just wanted to follow up in case any of the others speedo issues
reported are the same thing.

Now I just have to figure out why my alternator gauge has started saying
the battery is not being charged after getting caught in a rain storm
today...sigh

Kevin
86 Spider