GT Jr brakes, Italian driving

Just picked up a gorgeous '72 GT Jr from Bob Cozza, left Ft Lauderdale at
day break, arrived home 800 miles later in time for dinner. Reminds me of
my yout'. Fantastic car, just needs front brakes rebuilt. It has the older
ATEs, with the small pads. Is it worth trying to use the  larger ATE units?
If so, what's it take to mount them on the Jr?
I've had many enjoyable driving experiences in Italy, most recently on the
Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Naples etc. It occurred to me that they drive like
others on the road are family. Gross generalization, of course, but they
give way when others need it, and expect you to do likewise.
Don