RE: Exhaust bracket for Spider

Kevin,
	The bracket can be rewelded onto the cat but don't expect it to last
very long.  The bracket itself is already pretty rusty and a new break
will appear at a different location on the bracket.  I tried this on my
'86 Spider several years ago after I bought a MIG welder and had some
spare time.

	Are you talking about the cat. heat shield which is spot welded to the
cat which is rattling?  Once again, can be welded back on but expect it
to break again.

	I eventually removed both the heat shield and bracket when they broke
for the second time.  It was nice not to hear the rattle any longer and
the missing bracket didn't seem affect the exhaust system.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider