RE: ATE callipers -- other applications?

I recently had some problems with my master on my '83 spider. The manuals
did not help at all as they do noit show an ATE master and calipers. Did
some digging around on the ATE website, and found what I needed.

You can search on the chassis number of you car and their site tels you
what was factory fitted, with the OEM numbers, ATE numbers and other
vehicle using the same parts. Digging around like this saved me lots. I
got a quote to fix from a local brake shop for R2600 ( $325), went and
roder the ATE parts from a local ATE supplier which cost me R160 ($20).
Well worth the effort.

One other thing the local brake shop told me my car was very old and the
parts are probably not made anymore, hence the price was to "make" the
parts. After digging on the ATE site, I found that some of the cars
currently in production here also use the same master cylinder. Moral: don
't take the commercial shop comments as gospel.

Here is the URL for the ATE site:
"http://tecdoc.contiteves-am.com:7001/toc/enter?COUNTRY=GB&LANGUAGE=EN";

Or
"http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/com/en/ate/ate/general/home/ind