Stripped bolt

Digesters:

I have stripped either the 8 mm nut or threaded bolt coming off the Spica
filter housing while changing the filter. I noticed oil leaking from the
gasket of the housing cover after the filter change, so I tightened one of
the 3 nuts holding the cover. I felt my last turn begin to strip, stopped
turning, and now I can't back off the nut from the threaded bolt that
extends from the filter housing. I appreciate any suggestions you might have
to offer.

Nils Huehnergarth
74 GTV (wasn't broke before I fixed it)