Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:19:58 -0700
From: George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Alfa Museo and Driving in Italia

Overall, I have to agree with you about driving in Italia. Offhand, I'd say that from my experiences, the average woman driver in Italy is far more competent behind the wheel than are 95% of American male drivers. Our Sears-Roebuck method of licensing drivers coupled with TOO MANY laws and a general paranoia with regard to traffic cops, makes Americans really timid behind the wheel in my humble opinion