Re:gear shift rattle

Thanks to those who have responded about my gearshift rattle.  A couple of
people have mentioned heat shrink tubing as a possibility for reducing the
rattle in the reverse lockout rod.  Sounds like a good possible solution.  A
couple of others (including Tom Sahines) have indicated that the best solution
is to replace the shift lever with one from a later transmission that doesn't
have the reverse lockout rod.  I'm not saying that Tom is always right but
he's always been right anytime he's responded to one of my posts!  Another
digester has indicated that he may have some Teflon tubing that is pretty
close to the dimensions that I need.  I'd like to try that first as it seems
like it would be fairly easy and perhaps at least mute the rattle enough to
make it tolerable.  I'll report back to the digest with what I find.  Thanks.

Bill Sinclair
67 Duetto