RE: Lower A arm nuts

Jon -

I just checked some of my manuals ... you are right in that the mid 80s
factory shop manual omits this spec.

I did find it in two others though, a late (series 4) factory manual says:
"Screws securing rod pins to lower wishbone arms, 35.4 thru 39.1 (ft-lbs)"

Another much older autobooks 1750/2000 manual states: "Lower wishbone shaft
to crossmember, 40.5 - 42.7 ft-lbs", but now that I'm thinking about it,
this seems to be for the bolts that hold the assembly to the body and these
numbers appear to be pretty much the same as that spec in the factory
manual.

Funny, I don't remember having any trouble finding this when actually doing
the job in the past.

You could always go with a generic spec for the size and pitch of the
fastener, I'd look that up but I don't remember what size they are ...

HTH,

Jeff

Jeff Greenfield
JG Enterprises ... specializing in the preservation, maintenance and repair
of BMW, Alfa Romeo, and Ferrari
www.samnet.net/alfaguy