Sticky accelerator linkage

Hi Collective Wisdom,
	Just in the last few days, the accelerator in my 88 spider has
become notably stiffer than it has been previously.  In fact, it is now
actually sticking a tiny bit at times.  The results being that I need to
really mash on the accelerator to open the throttle, especially when the
engine is cold, and then when I shift, the throttle doesn't fall back as
quickly as I remove my foot, so the engine revs up a bit.  Occasionally I
can even feel it sticking then letting go to return to my foot.  This
doesn't seem like a good thing.
	I looked around in the engine bay, and it seems like it's the two
bushings that attach the rod that carries the accelerator inputs across
the firewall from driver to passenger side.  They sounded squeaky.  Now I
noticed that there are quite a few other connections in the accelerator
linkage, so it might have been one of those instead and I was fooled.
	My questions are twofold.  Is it a common problem for these
bushings to make the spider accelerators sticky, or is it likely some
other component in the throttle linkage?  What does it entail to replace
the offending parts and where might be a good place to find them, or
would it be sufficient to treat them with some kind of waterproof grease?

Thanks for the help!

Don Banfield

Don Banfield					Senior Research Associate
banfield@domain.elided                   Cornell University Astronomy