Fwd: shipping seats

From: Bob2100@domain.elided
Full-name: Bob2100
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:16:29 EDT
Subject: Re: shipping seats
To: patpend2000@domain.elided

In a message dated 6/23/2003 5:31:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
patpend2000@domain.elided writes:

> Has anyone on the list shipped a pair of spider seats
> before?  If so, how and what is the most economical
> form? They need to go from California to Dallas Tx.

I was on the receiving end of a pair of seats purchased from a California
dealer on eBay. They came via UPS, packed in cardboard and secured with stapping.
The only disassembly required was the removal of the headrests. They were
stacked one on top of another with carboard placed in between and the headrests
were wrapped and stuffed wherever they would fit. These seats weren't intended
to be in pristine condition but appear to have made the trip without damage.
Cost was reasonable, considering.
Bob Abhalter
Paducah KY