Speaking of alternator lights....

This is not big problem, its just annoying- especially at night. The alternator light on my GTV-6 blinks. Not regular, mind you, but just randomly. Sometimes it stays on for many seconds, other times it blinks in clusters then for a long time, no blinks. I don't have a stereo (or even a radio) in the car (with the sounds THAT engine makes? Who needs a stereo?), and it doesn't seem to matter whether headlights, aircon, etc. are on or off. It's not the alternator, that's recently been changed and it does the same thing with the new one as with the old. Any suggestions?

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S