Alfa75

I have now for ages tried to sort out why the engine on my Alfa 75 TS -89 gets
flooded especially by cold start.

I must disconnect the injector cables and then it starts and get dry again.I
have lubricated and checked all the connections. I have changed the temp
coolant sensor the fuel and air filter.I have checked the injectors. I have
swapped ECU to an other without any changes. I have changed spark plus and
cleaned the ignition system. The car has a catalyser.

I bulit myself a LED and a trigger to test the error codes.I found out thar
when I first put the ignition on and then pushed the the triggerbutton, the
injectors and the idle valve and evaporating valve was tested. In order to
test the other stuff I had to push down the button when turning the ignition
to ON and then push it once more.

The ECU flashed 4-4-4-4 which means ALL OK.I swapped the ECU to another and
the signal remains to be 4-4-4-4-4. So everything is ok but the engine still
misfires, seems to be slow and easily gets flooded.

So I am back on starting position again.

I will try to check the Lambda sond now. The car does however not consume more
fuel than earlier.

Ignition seems to be a little bit jumpy when I check the timing wheel with the
stroboscope lamp.

I also checked the previous sensor which I removed and that seems to work i.e.
decreasing resitance when getting warm, although it never went down to 0
resistance at 90 C.

The only possibility seems to be that the fuel pressure is to high, therefore
injecting to much fuel in the engine bt on the other hand wouldn`t the car
then consume more fuel?

Any advice is welcome

Hekan W Sweden(also has a 1300GT Junior 73 and a Giulietta-80 1.8