Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:44:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dana Loomis <dloomis@domain.elided>
Subject: 69 Giulia Super headlight switch problem

One of the few things needing repair on the '69 Giulia Super I just bought
is the high beam switch.  The low beams work as they should, but the high
beams don't light when I move the switch down. I can make the high beams
light by pressing the contacts in the switch together manually, but then
smoke comes out of the switch.  I guess this means the switch is bad.  I'd
be interested in ideas about what would make it smoke and whether there is a
way to repair it.

Thanks,
Dana Loomis
'69 Giulia Super