1750 in GT Jr.

In my experience putting a 1750 in a mechanical-clutch car is a
straightforward bolt-in job.  You have to swap a 1300 or 1600 flywheel onto
the 1750 crank (it bolts right up), then you can use the stock 1600 clutch
disk, plate, and TO bearing.  Make sure to use the original spacer that came
with the mechanical-clutch gearbox and bellhousing.  Some late Jrs. at the
time of transition to the 1750 may be different.  I've done this conversion
on two Giulia Supers without incident.

To put in a 2000 engine, you have to install a hydraulic clutch acutation
setup to go with the diaphragm 2000 clutch, or use the TO bearing adapter
offered by the Alfa parts places to fit the 2000 TO bearing to the
mechanical linkage, and apparently change ring gears on the flywheel,
according to the Centerline site.  All this because 2000 flywheels are
6-bolt, whereas 1300-1750 flywheels are 8-bolt and interchangeable. I drove
one car with the TO bearing conversion, and the manual (that is,
non-hydraulic) actuation of the diaphragm clutch plate was a bear.

Andrew Watry