V6 stalling

Since quite a few digesters responded (mainly offline) and showed an
interest in what happened, i will herewith provide the conclusion to the
saga of the stalling V6:

To recap, my Verde would cut out for an instant while driving, accompanied
by a drop to the peg by the tach, power and normal operation would resume a
moment later.  This went on for about 2 days, after which the problem
accellerated in that the power loss was no longer for an instant, but would
linger and kill the motor alltogether.  The car would not restart right
away, but would have to sit for a few minutes before a restart was possible.
After that, it would again run for a short while and then die again and the
cycle would repeat.

The initial suspect was the double relay on the firewall, but as it turns
out the culprit in my case was the coil/ignition module located just
underneath the coil. The key distinction in my case was the tach drop during
the stall:  with a car moving in gear, even during the stall, the motor is
still turning and therefore the tach should still be showing some reading.
But, since the tach is driven off the ignition, a dead tach pointed to a
problem specifically with the ignition electronics.

HTH someone in the same boat (or car).

Peter Kemos