Will's Dream Car (sigh) yet again

Recently Will Owen got his knickers in a bunch over a slight oversight
on my part: "No, Biba. You definitely should've consulted me first: I
DON'T DO BODYWORK!"

**********

Will, I really hope you're pulling my leg back since I pulled yours. To
be really honest, the funning was for John Hertzman's benefit. He's been
pooh-poohing my thoughts of a semi-recreation of the SSS on a Round-Tail
which originally appeared (as you well know) on the 6C 3000 CM chassis.
My thought is to give it at least a 'look see' (using foam core and
cardboard).

John has suggested the following: "Bibas aspiration to do a
semi-recreation of the SSS on a Round-Tail seems unrealistic, to me:
enjoy the dream, but please put down that cutting torch. The easiest way
would be to start from scratch, building the frame in the original size,
pattern and proportions around 2600 running gear and then slicing,
rearranging and reassembling a roundtail hull or a fiberglass clone of a
roundtail (advantage: one fewer roundtail bites the dust.) A
superficially easier but probably harder way would be to trim a 2600
down to the platform, shorten the wheelbase by 10 behind the seats, and
channel the sliced roundtail on that, but then two nice road cars would
have been mashed to mimic one impractical show car which had been built
on a very tight race chassis."

Nice idea, John, if one has immeasurable amounts of spare time, the
talent, and the money to do something like that. So that's the reason I
essentially suggested we (Will and self) 'all get together and put on
a play in the back yard'.

My thinking differs: You meet a drop dead great looking gal.
Things work out and you're a happy camper...until one day...you meet her
sister who is waaay beyond drop dead. She's so incredible...never mind,
you get the idea.

So's how many gonna look up the two pictures which exist of the original
SSS and compare? Oh sure, John will, and pick nits which will / would no
doubt exist, but...

I'm sure John knows his suggestion is totally impractical, but it's his
way of saying, "Don't do it unless you do it correctly - or a damn close
facsimile thereof."

Will, you're safe, and suspect anyone else on the Digest wasn't
expecting to
drop by my place to watch you beavering away with tree stump,
hammer, and sheets of aluminum.

Yeah, it would be great to at least come up with drawings / plans, but
it'd be something to simply hang on the wall - which, in itself, could
be quite loverly.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA