Concorso Italiano / Monterey Historics Deadlines

Dear fellow Alfisti,

The premiere U.S. West Coast car weekend will soon be upon us, and it's
time to start planning!  I am referring of course to the Concorso
Italiano, Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach Concours which take place
on the Monterey California peninsula from Friday August 15 through
Sunday August 17.

As in past years the ARA and DSAROC have joined forces up to organize
events for the weekend including corrals at Concorso Italiano and at the
Monterey Historics.  If you are thinking about coming out for the
weekend here are some details and deadlines you should be aware of.

CONCORSO ITALIANO - FRIDAY AUGUST 15

Advance tickets are available through August 10 for the Concorso.
Exhibitor tickets (one car, two passengers) are $50 through June 30,
$100 from July 1-31, and $180 from August 1- August 10, so get yours
now!

All ticket sales for Concorso Italiano are handled by the Concorso
Italiano staff, so go to www.concorso.com for full details on events of
the day, logistics and ticket sales.  ARA will be handling parking the
day of, so check the Overheard Cams magazine and website for last minute
details.

MONTEREY HISTORICS; FRIDAY AUGUST 16 - SUNDAY AUGUST 18.

Once again there will be a joint ARA - DCAROC parking corral for the
Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca on Saturday August 16.  In order to
get a corral pass you must order Historics tickets in advance through
ARA, as we have to give an account of the number of cars coming to
Laguna Seca by June 30.  Therefore we must have your order and money for
tickets and corral passes by June 30.  Separate tickets are available
from Laguna Seca if you miss the June 30 deadline, and you can always
come say hi to us in the corral!

Go the the ARA website to print a form, and there are mailing
instructions on it.

http://www.overheardcams.org/wwForum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42&PN=1

WEEKEND LODGING

The DSAROC has once again booked a block of 40 rooms at the Laurel Inn
in Salinas.  I encourage anyone looking for rooms to join us here as
these rooms are considerably cheaper than elsewhere on the Monterey
Peninsula.  I don't believe there is a deadline, it's first come first
served until they are gone!  Reservation instruction are also on the
form above.

Feel free to email me with further questions at
president@domain.elided.

See you in Monterey in August!

Ian Lomax
ARA President