Gasket Works, Was Copper head gasket - NO WAY!

Still...regarding the head gasket, the water only comes in contact with
the edges of the coolant as it surges through the passage ways. Speaking
of which: On the Gasket works site they imply they can make their
gaskets so that one gets more water circulation at the back of the head.
I also mentioned they made gaskets for marine engines. I'm guessing the
addition of salt in the mix would not be a good thing - unless they do
so for only fresh water craft.

One last positive: Should one be considering installing a turbo or
supercharger, GW could make a very thick head gasket to bring down the
compression. Might not be as good as replacing the pistons with lower
compression ones (I assume custom machined forged pistons) but sure
would save a lot of time and energy.

Hmmm.. I vagely remember a thick metal head gasket as part of the Jafco turbo kit.. as described to me by one of
the two designers. Think he said .125" thick!! You used the stock pistons. And I think it was copper..

The other thought I had, if this GW place machines their own gaskets for many cars and custom reqirements.. it should be no big deal to request one done in aluminum instead of copper..

Anyone care to comment on the usefulness of those Magnesium sacrificial anodes that come attached to a drain plug?

Jon