[no subject]

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:43:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pete Mazzeo <pmazzeo@domain.elided>
Subject: 76 GTV- rear motor mount, etc

I'm in the process of replacing the propeller shaft rubber washers (guibos) on
my 76 Alfetta GT. In the process I've found a couple more pieces that require
replacement.

First the rear motor mount has completely disintegrated. The previous owner
was nice enough to leave me replacement, but now I'm left with figuring out
the best way to install it. Has anyone had a positive experience with
replacing this motor mount without removing the rear bell ?

Using a jack tilt the engine down in back and use a torch to heat up the
aluminum around the bushing it will expand enough to get the old one out then
reheat and install the new bushing being sure to align it like the old one.
Then use a rag and water to cool off the casting and minimize the heat
transfer into the new bushing.