Cigarette Seals

WHATEVER YOU DO DON"T TRIM, REMOVE, OR CUT-OFF THE SEAL THAT STICKS ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE REAR MAIN JOURNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS PART OF THE SEAL AND IS TO "CRUSHED" TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE SEALING WHEN THE REAR MAIN CAP IS TORQUED TO SPEC!!!!!!!!!

Uh, I was aware of that. And knew that if they didn't stick up without trimming, you're in trouble.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much is a "good" amount.. or any other hints and kinks of sealdom.

Another question, the ones I have, have a hole down the middle. Normal? Matter at all?

Jon