Re: One Trailing arm is done!!!

Thanks to all your inputs, I took a chance and started the job. I almost gave up when I couldn't get the nut at the frame out, it was so tight. I got the electric impact wrench from Harbor freight for 49.99 with 240lb-f of torque and try to open it, it didn't even move. With lots of WD40 and many times of trying, finally the nut came out.

I got an air compressor for Xmas, and got the Harbor Freight set of air ratchet and impact wrench.. Woo.. now I'm a real Garage Man!! (insert Tim Allen noises here)

So, comes the day that I have a very tight nut that won't move, I proudly get my impact wrench and hammer away.. and hammer away... and hammer away... Hmmmm! Nope, at full torque and >90 PSI, it ain't going.

So, I get my $9.99 Harbor Freight 24" breaker bar, and man.. I didn't have to even pull very hard! Felt a bit sheepish after that..
Moral of the story, sometimes the best tool isn't your first choice..
So far, there's been nothing that the 24" can't handle. Seems that old Greek guy going on about the lever was right. But, I'm about to follow in your footsteps and attack some very old trailing arm bolts, so we shall see!

Jon
77 Spider