Re: alfa-digest V9 #556

In a message dated 6/5/2003 9:29:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> of course, you guys with 2L GTVs, Spiders and Berlinas could always try
> to get limited prep listings in FP for your cars, too. i'm focusing on
> the Alfetta, because that's the race car i've got.
>
> i'm looking at moving there from IT, because in IT  you need to run nearly
> stock engine and i have an interest in doing some of the traditional alfa
> things and building one that's a little hotter.
>
> cheers,
>  richard
> - --
> Richard Welty

       I skipped a week or so of Digest and am still behind in catching up,
but, hey, my 1984 ITB Alfa Spider is ready to go into the car trailer.  The
engine is rebuilt, the transmission is rebuilt, it has a new Jack Beck panhard
bar rear suspension and a new Fuel Safe cell.  I missed Topeka last weekend, but
am off to Omaha next week.
       One problem with converting a car from IT (Improved Touring) to
Production specs is the weight of the roll cage tubing.  The required tubing sizes
for production are lighter than those required for IT.  The cage in production
is also allowed to mount at many more than the IT required eight points.  The
cage may penetrate the firewall to strengthen the front suspension.  Thus, the
design may be totally different.
       But I am sure you know that.

       There have been some attempts to get the Alfa classified in FP as a
limited prep car.  The was discussion of these efforts on another list.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City