Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 10:34 AM 6/1/2003, you wrote:

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 01:24:00 -0400
From: Dick Stachowiak <stachowiak@domain.elided>
Subject: Porous 1750 Block

Today I was replacing the motor mounts in my 71 GTV . While I was at it
, I decided to clean of some of the gunk that was built up on the side
of the block under the intake manifold.   After cleaning I noticed some
coolant weeping out of the side of the block.  I was cleaning with a
wire brush and some solvent and may have disturbed some crusty material
where the original leak may have sealed itself.  I can't see the exact
location, but it is well below the head gasket and intake manifold
gaskets.  I recall about 30 years ago that my local Alfa dealer
recommended that a block sealer be added after a head gasket
replacement,  and I think was sold with an Alfa part number.  I
remember that it was a powder and I think it was silver, but I'm not
positive.  Doe's anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to deal
with this?

Dick Stachowiak
East Syracuse, NY

71 Spider