Serious Steering Wheel Vibrations- whoever can solve this gets $20

OK, since we are on the topic of steering wheel vibration and pulsing, perhaps someone can help me troubleshoot a related issue that I have had no success in solving. 15 years of mechanical experience (me) as well as a dealer have looked at this and no solution to date. I have held back on asking via the digest because it is on one of my non-Alfa vehicles, but for the hardcore mechanical guys out there, perhaps you will respond for me anyway (I would appreciate it). I suppose you could sub in the Alfa 164Q for this scenario to make it more interesting!

Here's the deal. 1988 BMW 735 with ABS.
- Brakes worked great, no vibration at any speed off or on braking. All pads were getting worn and needed replacement.
- Replaced front and rear pads and bled through all new fluid (cheap skate method of a brake job)
- The car then immediately exhibited significant wheel jerking at around 40 to 45 MPH on light to moderate braking. Only at this speed. Can occur braking from high speed coming down through the 45mph mark, etc.
- Replaced front and rear rotors and front calipers to try to resolve. Problem did not go away.
- Re-bled system with manual bleeder. Problem still there!
- I have had the tires balanced twice and have tried two sets of rims vibrations with both sets.
- Then took apart all four calipers and cleans and lubed mounting/slide pins, etc. Problem still there.
- BMW shop checked for worn bushings and components- none!
- Alignment was done very recently, but before initial brake job.

What could be going on? I ONLY get vibration on braking and it can get very serious until I get out of the 40 to 45 MPH range. Could I have a bad master cylinder that is only working well on one channel or the other and still have solid pedal feel? What should I double check next? Another alignment?

I hate going to a dealer so I really don't want to go back!

Thanks for listening. Seriously, if someone can solve this, I will promptly send a check! No laundry lists though please ;)

- Jason Hagen

'73 Alfa Spider
'95 164Q
'88 BMW 735i