105 brakes -- complete rebuild

Kind Alfisti,

I'm about to start rebuilding the brake system on my restoration project '73 GTV.  This car has been stored for the last ten years, with the brake callipers and master cylinder in a box in the trunk.  Hard lines and boosters are still in place.  It's also worth noting that right hand drive 105s had floor mounted brake pedals through to the end of manufacture.  I've read Puhn's _Brake Handbook_ cover to cover, and it helped in a great many ways, but I still have a few specific questions that I would appreciate help on.

I'm presuming the hard lines will be in pretty poor shape internally, so I'm going to replace the lot of them.  I'm planning to use aircraft flares and fittings (AN standard).   Is it particularly hard to find adapters between aircraft fittings and the Alfa fittings on the callipers, master and boosters?  Alternatively, will the Alfa fittings accept AN fittings, or be machined to accept AN fittings? (Female Grilling will mate to male AN-3, will ISO also mate to AN?)

I gather that with the floor mounted pedals, there is a tendency for fluid to drain back into the master cylinder, giving an occasional soft pedal on first application.  One of the potential cures for this is the installation of 2 psi residual pressure valves in the lines.  It seems logical that these would be placed immediately downstream of the master cylinder, but I'm also thinking that it might be necessary to place them immediately downstream of the boosters instead.  Or both places?  Advice would be appreciated -- has anyone undertaken this mod, where did they put the valves, and how successful was it?

Adjustable proportioning valve -- I want this somewhere where it is relatively accessible, but in the engine compartment, not the interior.  Is immediately after the rear brake booster an appropriate place?

Are there any other changes that I should make while I'm rebuilding the system?  If I can find them, I'm looking at installing front callipers from a 75/Milano.  Also looking into using the 24mm master cylinder from a 164 for a firmer (if heavier) pedal (this mod was discussed recently on the Alfa-racing list).

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Anthony White
Wellington NZ
'73 105 GTV 2000