Intermitent wipers, early gtv

Richard asked:
<on a semi related note -- does anyone have any idea
how hard it might
be to
adapt the intermittant wiper setup from a late spider
into a GTV?
it's something i've been pondering for a couple of
weeks now.
richard>

I did adapt a 1988 spider wiper motor to my 72 Berlina
with some dificulty.  For one, the bolt spacing
pattern on the two motors is different, I had to dril
new holes in the linkage assembly.  Also, the spider
wiper motor standoffs are about 1/2 inch taller so
they need to be cut down so the motor shaft sits far
enough above the linkage assembly.

Kelly