Hot Water

Biba queried:

"Anyone out there have intimate knowledge of tankless electric (not gas)
water heaters which one would use to wash their hands after working on
Alfa Romeos?"

I have long suspected that trying to build a water heater without a
reservoir would be a tankless task...

Are those Japanese jobs we see advertised everywhere run by gas only, or
are there electric versions? I've been getting intrigued by those
lately, as it'd free up a big exterior closet I could keep garden tools
in. It does seem to me that trying to regulate the heat transfer that
tightly would be awfully hard to do, when you don't have several gallons
of water to help even things out. We humans have such a pathetically
tiny range of tolerance between lukewarm and second-degree burns. I'd be
tempted to hook up a couple of those 110v recirculating heaters we
plugged into our heater hoses up in Alaska just to see what
volume/temperature they put out. Those DO have tanks, but they're really tiny.

Will Owen