Re[2]: AROC chapter bylaws

On Sat, 31 May 2003 01:32:11 EDT TJCallahan@domain.elided wrote:

> In a message dated 5/30/03 6:21:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, richard
> writes:

> <snip>
> > the bylaws for the AROC-NY
> >  are buried in the basement somewhere, and depending on circumstances,
> we
> >  may not be able to just revive AROC-NY as is; something has come up.
> <snip>

> Oooooh, intrigue! And at the end of a digest, too! Can't wait for the
> next
> installment ...

executive summary:

while the old AROC-NY chapter (Albany NY area) was sleeping, late last
year the LIAROC board voted to change their name to "Alfa Romeo Owners Club
of New York".

the issue is not fully understood, there are many details to be clarified.
it would be highly inappropriate to play this out on the digest. i honestly
don't know how this will be resolved.

for the moment: we are still working on reviving the Albany area club, we
don't know what name it will have after being revived, we will continue
using the recently acquired aroc-ny.org domain, and once the name issue is
resolved, use a domain appropriate to that name.

as it is now a matter of AROC club politics rather than Alfas, it's OT for
the digest. i would hope the digest doesn't hear any more about this until
the matter is resolved.

richard