re: 105/115 transmission mount

>...the mount seems very flimsy.  Has anyone tried to modify the
>mount by filling the voids (partially or completely) with
>something like RTV?

I tend to agree with Andrew: the mount was designed that way for a good reason.  And it's not an easy thing to re-engineer.

Alfa racers have been known to stuff lengths of 5/16" fuel line into the voids to stiffen up the mount. Paul Spruell sells a special racing transmission mount that takes this idea even farther: it has a solid rubber bushing (no voids) inside an aluminum collar.  I tried one in my race car and the vibration was so intense I couldn't make it through one practice session.  I went back to the stock mount.

Dana Loomis