RE: Will 205's work on a spider?

I'm running 205/60/14 on my 82 spider on the stock Campy wheels. I don't
recall how wide the wheels are. Stock-type suspension. No rubbing or
anything like that.
It has been argued that 185 or 195 is better as the narrow width gives
better steering feel. But it's hard to find decent tires on that size,
as 185 tires are usually meant for Sentras and the like. So I don't
claim to know whether or not the 205s are optimum. But they have worked
fine for me for a few years.
Greg