Re: glass rear window

Volkswagen did this with their Karmann Ghia convertible (and probably others, but my brother happens to have a Ghia) and it seems like a pretty elegant solution. Of course, the back window costs more to replace than the engine, but...

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (I should be allowed to drive her some time in the next month or two)

This is why I thought a zippered glass window might work... couldn't you
just unzip the top and sides of a hypothetical glass alfa window and lay it
down like Ev does with his zippered plastic window? The glass doesn't need
to bend in the middle in this case...