115 trans mount issue

Frank asked about making the rear trans mount on a 115 car more supportive.
They do look flimsy as heck, but my own personal take on them is that's how
Alfa designed and built them, and how they're meant to be.  Mechanical
clutch cars are a different matter (largely due to clutch-linkage-induced
judder), and the more solid 101/105 mount is being made again in Germany.
Alfaholics in the UK lists them on their website.

As to filling or shimming the mount up in some way, I had a very saggy mount
on a 78 Spider once, and thought I'd help it a bit, and get the shifter to
stop fouling the console, by basically doing what Frank suggests with a few
pieces of leftover heater hose.  Even that small a change caused incredible
new vibrations in the driveline, and much worse shifting.  I took them out.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register