Convertible tops and other miscellani/good Vendor report

1.      A local AROC Atlanta member has had zip-out plastic windows in
his Spider tops for years.  He uses Crown Upholstery out of Ohio, so it
can be done.  When I replace the black top  on my Spider with a blue one
(I have the light blue/green metallic paint with a blue interior), I
plan to have a zip-out window put in.

2.      Does anyone have a source for 115 rear spring spacers?  I can't
find them anywhere.

3.      I recently had to remove a bunch of vacuum lines in preparation
for the test fitting of silicone lines (my car is the test mule for a
set for Spiders by the same folks who make them for the V6) and I
decided to check the other hoses.  Well, the intake runners were shot
and, thanks to Russ and Dean and a couple of other folks, I was able to
figure out how to remove the plenum,  I set out to order new ones, along
with the Bosch air hoses, from the usual suppliers and was startled to
find out that several vendors reported the middle air tube (the hard
plastic one over the cam cover) as NLA.  Fortunately, Vick Auto in Fort
Worth had the other parts, and amazingly enough, I called the order in
Tuesday afternoon late, and the parts were delivered this morning before
I left for work.  How'zat for service?!

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider (may this weekend?)
'87 Milano (daily driver since the Camry's in the shop again!)