Re: Road Trip

Last week my girlfriend and I drove from Pacific Grove, CA to Osoyoos,
Canada, our present location. We went up US 97 from Weed, CA, all the way to
the Canadian border, so I can attest to the scenic opportunities along 97.
Lots of snow capped peaks, ring of fire feeling. Two lanes mostly with
passing lanes, but a pretty straight road for some long stretches. I was
shot at by instant-on radar by oncoming Oregon State Police 3 times.
Fortunately, I wasn't that much over the speed limit.

US 101 is more scenic if you like the ocean, but living where I do, I've
seen it.

The Alfa ran flawlessly, mostly getting 27 mpg but 33 mpg (!) for one slow
stretch in Oregon.

Leslie Wong
Pacific Grove, CA
1979 Sprint Veloce