Re: Re[2]: Flame Wars

Way back when the Digest was on Wizvax, there was a published Digest policy
regarding vendor disputes.   It states that there was to be NO gripes about a
bad vendor experience and that disputes with vendors should be resolved
privately.

If that policy is still in effect, then this has no place on the list.   In
taking the view that law is more important than personal opinion, this is a
good idea.   Personally, I like to see things like this come to light in
public.  I had posted a while ago that Caribou were not answering the phones
and was looking for an alternate vendor.   Someone chimed in with Bruces Parts
Bin who was more than happy to sell me the part which was a pleasant experience
and I would certainly shop there again.   I may have blown the Caribou
situation off as a one time occurance save for this discussion.  Now I know
better with a combination of experience and listening to others experience.

So, we need to weigh liability over information.   I would like to see things
like this posted as long as it remains factual without name calling or he-said-
she-said.

I agree pasting private emails to the list is bad form.   If there is a way to
resolve the issue privately, thats great.   The original complaintant can then
post to the Digest that the vendor made good and everyone kissed and made up.

My $.02

-Peter