Alloy used in Alfa engines.

Metalurgicaly speaking I have no idea what the specific alloy is, but I can
say this about quality: the fellow who machined my Alfa heads (out of the
business now) told me a few years back that the aluminum used in Alfa engines
was the finest he had ever worked with! Without exception! The way it worked
and cut and the consistency of the castings. He would always take my heads
because of the pleasure he got from working 'em ( I know it's a cliche but
it's true)! This from a man who built many hundreds of NASCAR modified
engines
during his career and whos dad was a modified racing legend here in New
England ("Fats" Caruso).
Just thought youd like to know.
Regards to all,
Roger