RE: Injector problems?

All,

I wrote in a moment of despair:

> I've got a problem with a non-starting Alfa 90. Fuel pump is working
> and there's fuel in the rail (it eventually leaks out the intake from
> the cold start injector). I'm getting spark and the engine is properly
> timed (verified with timing gun while engine is cranking). I pulled a
> plug and it's dry. What voltage should I be seeing at the injector.
> The multimeter is showing ~0.02/0.03 volts, which I would have thought
> is way too low (cold start shows 9V). This injector set was cleaned ~
> 12months ago, but has been sitting on the bench for 2 months while I
> did work on the car. Is the voltage right, and have the injectors
> seized?

It works!!!! I did send the injectors out to be cleaned. It turns out that
one had gummed, but that's not enough to cause it not start.

My problem was that when I replaced the Bosch connector on the engine temp
sensor, I didn't insert one of the leads far enough and it wasn't making
contact with the terminal on the sensor. Thanks to whoever it was in some
forum that made a chance remark about the engine temp sensor not being
plugged in - that triggered the mental process.

Whooohooo!

And yes, I did feel the need to test the maximum advance at 5000rpm, even at
00:15 in the morning.

Tony
1985 Alfa 90 (running again, just needs to be registered)
Brisbane, Oz

--
Tony Lupton
tony.lupton@domain.elided