re: LED lights

At 10:05 PM +0000 5/24/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 22:36:02 -0400
From: Simon Body <body@domain.elided>
Subject: LED lights

Greetings

I'd read about the new LED lights that were supposedly better, brighter and
made you a better driver etc etc.
Spent $36 at Autozone. Put them in one side of the rear lights, saw they
were dreadful and pulled them out. As expected they also made the flashers
work faster.
Waste of $$.

Simon

Keep in mind that there are AutoZone LED lights designed for people who will get a kick out of knowing they have LED lights, and there are high-quality LED lights for people who want brighter lights that last longer, use less energy, and illuminate faster. For an example of the latter see http://netdisty.net/ds/aut1157/ and http://netdisty.net/ds/AUT1157RI. (I don't have any personal experience with these, but they look like they don't have any of the faults of the AutoZone crap, which I did try, and confirmed my suspicions that they'd suck.)

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6